If you, like me, have no idea what a Liebster Award is, that’s okay. I’m going to (try to) explain it in simple terms. But first, I have to thank fellow writer and blogger, Fiction’s Mistress for the nomination. Thanks, lovely!
Essentially, this award is is designed to help promote up and coming blogs, which is totally awesome.
The rules are simple:
1) Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you. Make sure to link back to them, showing your appreciation, and display the award on your blog!
2) Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3) Give 11 random fun facts about yourself.
4) Nominate some blogs with less than 200 followers that you think deserve the award.
5) Let those bloggers know that you nominated them.
6) Give them 11 new questions to answer.
Sounds easy enough, so let’s get started!
1) How and why did you get into blogging?
I got into blogging a few years after I started writing. I have always been a big reader, and so blogging just became part of that. It was a way to share my opinions, and to connect with people that shared some of my interests.
2) If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would you be and why?
Can I pick one of my own? This won’t make sense to a lot of people, but I would totally be Katherine Maine from my novel, The Devil’s Waltz. She is super spunky and fearless and I love her.
3) Batman or Superman?
Neither? Ha ha, I’m not into superheroes.
4) Favourite Disney movie and why?
Peter Pan. There’s just something about the idea of never growing up that I love.
5) Favourite film score?
Twilight. Carter Burwell and Alexander Desplat are both insanely talented. Also, Hans Zimmer is perfection.
6) If you could bring any fictional character back from the dead, who would you bring back and why?
This question is cruel and triggering. Rude. I want them all back. The Darkling is one of my favourites, though.
7) Vampires or werewolves?
Vampires. No competition.
8) If you could, which fictional world would you travel to?
The Night Court, duh. #ACOMAF
9) Favourite villain?
The Darkling. I miss that S.O.B.
10) What do you do in your spare time?
Spare time? LOL. I’m always reading, writing reviews, answering emails, or writing.
11) What 2016 summer flick are you most excited to see?
I just recently saw Tarzan, which was insanely amazing, and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, which was absolutely hilarious.
Now, here are some random facts about me!
1) I’ve watched the Friends series more times than I can count. Could I be anymore dedicated?
2) I have over 200 books on my shelves that I haven’t read. The shame is real.
3) I am currently writing in a genre that I never thought I would. It’s scary, but SO fun.
4) I don’t understand the obsession with Beyonce. I couldn’t care less about her, and I don’t like her music.
5) My trash TV guilty pleasure is Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2. I can’t stop watching.
6) I’ve always wanted a friend group like on Friends, but I know that’s unrealistic.
7) I wish I was a cat. Who wouldn’t want to eat and sleep all day?
8) My friends and family (and family of my friends) all think I should go to law school. I’m too scared.
9) I’m one of the most empathetic and sarcastic people you will ever meet. Seriously. I’m kind, but I’m also freaking hilarious. Toot toot.
10) I have a bunch of classics on my bookshelf; Anna Karenina, Wuthering Heights, A Tale of Two Cities, but I’ll probably never read them. I just like having them.
11) I am completely obsessed with Ruelle. Her music is stunning, and perfect to write to. You should definitely check her out.
And now, I’m going to nominate some blogs!
and Milwaukee Baker who should start a book blog. Just saying. 😉
Here are questions for you guys to answer:
1) What has been your favourite book of 2016?
2) If you could have dinner with one fictional character, dead or alive, who would it be?
3) Name three of your favourite authors.
4) What is one thing you hope to achieve by the end of the year?
5) Cats or dogs?
6) Starbucks or Tim’s?
7) What is the worst movie you have ever watched?
8) What is your favourite hobby?
9) If you could trade places for one fictional character for 24 hours, who would it be and what would you do?
10) What is your favourite season?
11) Would you rather only be able to read one book for the rest of your life, or have every book you read spoiled?
Thanks again for the nomination, Fiction’s Mistress! I had a blast answering these questions, and I hope my answers were at least mildly interesting.